C++ exception handling in gcc

bnell@mathworks.com
13 Jun 2002 20:58:36 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C++ exception handling in gcc bnell@mathworks.com (2002-06-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: bnell@mathworks.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Jun 2002 20:58:36 -0400
Posted-Date: 13 Jun 2002 20:58:35 EDT

Hello all,
    Can anyone point me to any documentation (or information) about the
way GCC handles C++ exceptions? More specifically, the format it uses
for the exception tables in generated code. I've looked at files
compiled with g++ and gcc -fexceptions and the format of the table is
not easily deciphered. Also,
can these tables be patched in at runtime? I suppose they
need to be for dynamically linked object files.

    I've checked the gnu.org site but didn't have any luck finding such
specific information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill