Immutable Array in Java

"Charles-felix CHABERT" <chabertc@clio.unice.fr>
7 Jun 2002 23:41:03 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Immutable Array in Java chabertc@clio.unice.fr (Charles-felix CHABERT) (2002-06-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Charles-felix CHABERT" <chabertc@clio.unice.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 7 Jun 2002 23:41:03 -0400
Posted-Date: 07 Jun 2002 23:41:03 EDT

Hello,

We are four french students, we are working to introduce "Immutable
Classes" in Java, we have a little aproach to formilize these classes,
with some restrictions. Our main difficulty is that we need some
"Immutable Array of primitive type", but we think that this is
impossible without changing the JVM ( we must keep the standard JVM,
we just have to work on the KJC compiler). Our main objective is to
write a specification for these "immutable classes", but without
"Immutable Array" they loose a lot of interest.

If someone have an idea, we will enjoy sharing information with him.

Thank you,

Charles-Félix, Christian, Philippe & Yannis

ps: please excuse our english.
[Votre anglais n'est pas mal. -John]