Re: my own compiler. how to write?

e8johan@etek.chalmers.se (Johan Eriksson Thelin)
27 May 2002 01:14:26 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
my own compiler. how to write? Bernd.Bauer@gmx.at (Bernd Bauer) (2002-05-23)
Re: my own compiler. how to write? e8johan@etek.chalmers.se (2002-05-27)
Re: my own compiler. how to write? info@crazybuddha.com (2002-05-27)
Re: my own compiler. how to write? marcov@toad.stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) (2002-05-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: e8johan@etek.chalmers.se (Johan Eriksson Thelin)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 May 2002 01:14:26 -0400
Posted-Date: 27 May 2002 01:14:26 EDT

"Bernd Bauer" <Bernd.Bauer@gmx.at> writes:
>hi!
>
>I Want To Write Ma Own Compiler (For Example An C-Compiler For An
>Microcontroller), But I Dont Know How?
>
>Can Anybody Help Me, Or Knows Somebody A Good Tutorial Or Book?
>
>thanks bernd
>[You probably don't want to write your own C compiler. If you have a new
>microcontroller design, you'd be much better off using an existing compiler
>and rewriting the code generator. See the FAQ for reviews of many
>compiler texts. -John]

    I would like to recommend my site:

    http://www.etek.chalmers.se/~e8johan

    In the programming section there is a compiler page. My own tutorial
is mostly a porting of the classing Crenshaw tutorial to C (and I have
not worked on it for a long time now, since I have to spend all my
time at school :-( ). What I also have on my site is the legendary
Crenshaw tutor (I've been in touch with Crenshaw, and it is OK for me
to have it on my site). If you follow that tutor you will develop a
good understanding of how a compiler actually works.

    Good luck!

    Johan Eriksson Thelin