Re: Universities with compiler programs?

mwdeeds@yahoo.com (Matt Deeds)
17 May 2002 00:20:22 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Universities with compiler programs? karthik@techemail.com (2002-05-08)
Re: Universities with compiler programs? g99n0846@campus.ru.ac.za (2002-05-13)
Re: Universities with compiler programs? k.prasad@attbi.com (Kamal R. Prasad) (2002-05-13)
Re: Universities with compiler programs? mwdeeds@yahoo.com (2002-05-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: mwdeeds@yahoo.com (Matt Deeds)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 17 May 2002 00:20:22 -0400
Posted-Date: 17 May 2002 00:20:22 EDT

"Kamal R. Prasad" <k.prasad@attbi.com> wrote
> stanford is doing leading work in the area of compiler optimizations led by
> Prof. Monica Lam. they have a compiler called SUIF which is a study case
> (along with lex and yacc) in most compiler courses.

I studied in the compiler group at MIT. They too have a strong
program. A rather interesting project there is called RAW. They have
designed a new architecture based on a single IC network of 16 MIPS
processors. They're designing everything from the ground up.

At MIT they also use the SUIF compiler infrastructure for most of
their compiler development. It's a beast, but it's produced a lot of
degrees.

Take a look at the RAW project on-line:
http://www.cag.lcs.mit.edu/raw/

And the compiler group:
http://www.cag.lcs.mit.edu/commit/

For an overview of the computer architecture group at MIT, which
includes the compiler group,

http://www.cag.lcs.mit.edu/

The two professors most established in the compiler group at MIT are
Martin Rinard and Saman Amarasinghe, just to give you a couple names.