Test Data generation using grammar

harvinderrikhi@yahoo.co.uk (Harvinder Singh)
9 Mar 2002 02:59:23 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Test Data generation using grammar harvinderrikhi@yahoo.co.uk (2002-03-09)
Re: Test Data generation using grammar Olivier.Ridoux@irisa.fr (Olivier Ridoux) (2002-03-17)
Re: Test Data generation using grammar eeide@cs.utah.edu (Eric Eide) (2002-03-17)
Re: Test Data generation using grammar gmiles@incrent.com (Gary Miles) (2002-04-21)
Re: Test Data generation using grammar james.power@may.ie (2002-04-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: harvinderrikhi@yahoo.co.uk (Harvinder Singh)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.compilers
Date: 9 Mar 2002 02:59:23 -0500
Posted-Date: 09 Mar 2002 02:59:23 EST

Hi,
      I am working on a program, which will be able to generate test
data..... given the grammar of the test data. I mean to say.... if we
give the grammar of C language the output will be the set of all the
possible C programs. Well this is to much to digest. So the program
will have the ability of limit the output data (that will be done by
changing the grammar).
      Anybody who thinks this is possible.....please contact. How this
could be done..will be posted in my second mail.

    All are invited to contribute to this project.

thanks
harvinder singh
[Look through the comp.compiler archives. Someone's built exactly this
thing already, a program that takes a grammar and spits out sentences in
the language it defines. -John]