Re: C preprocessor that include column information

Erik Schnetter <schnetter@uni-tuebingen.de>
16 Feb 2002 01:10:49 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C preprocessor that include column information benwar@gmx.net (Ben War) (2002-02-06)
Re: C preprocessor that include column information zackw@panix.com (Zack Weinberg) (2002-02-16)
Re: C preprocessor that include column information schnetter@uni-tuebingen.de (Erik Schnetter) (2002-02-16)
Re: C preprocessor that include column information idbaxter@semdesigns.com (Ira D. Baxter) (2002-02-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Erik Schnetter <schnetter@uni-tuebingen.de>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Feb 2002 01:10:49 -0500
Posted-Date: 16 Feb 2002 01:10:49 EST

Ben War wrote:

[schnipp]

> there was no macro in that line. Now in gcc-3, the preprocessor doesn't
> preserve whitespace any longer and we have to use a different
> preprocessor. This raised the question, if there is a c preprocessor

[schnipp]

GCC 3 includes a standalone preprocessor that knows the "-traditional"
switch. I regularly use this preprocessor with this switch to preprocess
Fortran code, which all too unfortunately is very dependent on preserving
white space.

-erik

PS: The preprocessor that ships with gcc up to 3.0.3 contains a small bug
that make it insert line breaks under certain circumstances, at least when
the "-traditional" switch is used. This bug will be fixed in the upcoming
3.0.4 release.

--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@uni-tuebingen.de>