Regular Expression -> NFA -> Minimal DFA

Roman Garnett <rmgarnet@artsci.wustl.edu>
6 Feb 2002 23:41:07 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Regular Expression -> NFA -> Minimal DFA rmgarnet@artsci.wustl.edu (Roman Garnett) (2002-02-06)
Re: Regular Expression -> NFA -> Minimal DFA neelk@alum.mit.edu (2002-02-16)
Re: Regular Expression -> NFA -> Minimal DFA rz1@stud.mw.tu-muenchen.de (Robert Zierer) (2002-02-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Roman Garnett <rmgarnet@artsci.wustl.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 Feb 2002 23:41:07 -0500
Posted-Date: 06 Feb 2002 23:41:07 EST

Hi,

      I'm working on a project for my finite automata class, and I'm in
need of a program to take a regular expression as input, and return an
NFA accepting the corresponding language, and the minimal DFA
accepting the language. We're studying the relationship between the
number of states in the two automata. The only utility I've found
stresses a graphical interface that is not important to me. Can
anyone lead me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Roman Garnett
[You might be able to extract that from flex. -John]