Working with the libdwarf library

Arnon Meidav <arnonm@metalink.co.il>
6 Feb 2002 23:40:04 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Working with the libdwarf library arnonm@metalink.co.il (Arnon Meidav) (2002-02-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Arnon Meidav <arnonm@metalink.co.il>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 Feb 2002 23:40:04 -0500
Posted-Date: 06 Feb 2002 23:40:04 EST

I am trying to use the libdwarf library to read a MIPS object file that
contains DWARF 2 debug info.
For my testing purposes, I am working with the dwarfdump program.
To my dismay, all references/offsets printed have the value 0.
I tried looking at dwarfdump with GDB, and it seems like the values are
copied to the upper 4 bytes
of 8-byte Dwarf_Unsigned variables. These are then truncated to 0, when
converting back to 32bit
integers.

I am running dwarfdump on a Windows NT PC (i.e. 32bit x86 Little Endian
processor) using Cygnus,
and the target CPU is a 32bit Big Endian MIPS processor.

Can anyone provide me with any insite on how to work with this library
correctly, or any preprocessor
definitions I need when compiling?

Many thanks,
  - Arnon