How to specify the rules for checking numerous patterns?

teoah@singnet.com.sg (Hwee)
6 Feb 2002 23:32:37 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
How to specify the rules for checking numerous patterns? teoah@singnet.com.sg (2002-02-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: teoah@singnet.com.sg (Hwee)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 Feb 2002 23:32:37 -0500
Posted-Date: 06 Feb 2002 23:32:37 EST

Hi,

      I would like to seek advice for the problem mentioned above. Say
for example if I would like to look for many different patterns at
random locations of an input stream, like if the input stream is
345460800463986DD54... ...& i would like to look for 0800 followed by
86DD...how shall i go about specifing my regular expression? If the
happening of the sequence is fixed, lets say on the 6th & 14th number
is the thing that I want to check, is it possible to specify such a
regular expression?

reply to:- teoah@singnet.com.sg

Thanks for your find advice.