Industrial Compiler Optimization Features Survey

Li Xu <lxu@rice.edu>
24 Jan 2002 15:03:18 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Industrial Compiler Optimization Features Survey lxu@rice.edu (Li Xu) (2002-01-24)
Re: Industrial Compiler Optimization Features Survey cdg@nullstone.com (Christopher Glaeser) (2002-01-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Li Xu <lxu@rice.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Jan 2002 15:03:18 -0500
Posted-Date: 24 Jan 2002 15:03:18 EST

Hi, All,

I am working on a survey on the optimization features of
industrial compilers, especially those machine independent
optimizations. In literature, there are numerous
optimization/transformation documented, I am interested to
know what subset of those are considered important and got
implemented in the industrial compilers.

It seems most companies with processor-related products have a
supporting compiler project as well, such as IBM, Intel,
SUN, Compaq, SGI, TI, etc. So can any one share the refereces
about the workings of those compilers? I will post back the
resources I collect.

Greetings,

LX