Recommendations for lexer and parser generator

"Sean Wilson" <wilson@smiley-face.freeserve.co.uk>
24 Jan 2002 15:01:52 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Recommendations for lexer and parser generator wilson@smiley-face.freeserve.co.uk (Sean Wilson) (2002-01-24)
Re: Recommendations for lexer and parser generator wilson@NOSPAMsmiley-face.freeserve.co.uk (Sean Wilson) (2002-01-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Sean Wilson" <wilson@smiley-face.freeserve.co.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Jan 2002 15:01:52 -0500
Posted-Date: 24 Jan 2002 15:01:52 EST

Hi,

I'm in the process of making a compiler for a scripting language and need a
tool that takes care of producing code for the lexer and the parser. I have
found many such programs and I'd like some recommendations of the best one
to use.

The only requirements that I have is that it produces proper C++ (uses
namespaces, STL, const correct etc.) and it is free for non-commercial use,
although it being simple to use would be nice.

Thanks in advance,

Sean Wilson
www.smiley-face.freeserve.co.uk/programming/
[The obvious question is why write another scripting language when many
good ones are freely available now. -John]