Language best suited for writing compilers

devs@usa.net (devs)
3 Jan 2002 15:41:55 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Language best suited for writing compilers devs@usa.net (2002-01-03)
Re: Language best suited for writing compilers pfroehli@ics.uci.edu (Peter H. Froehlich) (2002-01-04)
Re: Language best suited for writing compilers danwang+news@cs.princeton.edu (Daniel C. Wang) (2002-01-04)
Re: Language best suited for writing compilers vmakarov@redhat.com (Vladimir Makarov) (2002-01-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: devs@usa.net (devs)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Jan 2002 15:41:55 -0500
Posted-Date: 03 Jan 2002 15:41:55 EST

Hi All,
I Am Designing A New High-Level And Planning To Write A Compiler For
This Lang. Target Processors Are 8051.

Which Lang Is Best Suited For Writing Compilers?

I Am Not Trying To Start A Flame. But, I Am Trying To Choose A Lang
That Is Best Suited For This Task. I Have Done A Lot Of Programming In
Java, C, Lisp, Perl. I Am Also Fairly Good In C++.

I Am More Inclined Towards Java Or Scheme. Are There Good Compiler
Construction Systems Available For These Languages? Due To Time
Constraints, I Would Like To Minimize The Learning Curve And Grunge
Work As Much As Possible.

Thanks For Your Help,
Deva
[Depends on what your goals are. Scheme is a wonderful language, but it's
hard to package up a Scheme program the way you can a C program. -John]