Re-reentrant parser made with Bison++ and flex++

letz@grame.fr (MidiShare)
20 Dec 2001 00:39:38 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Re-reentrant parser made with Bison++ and flex++ letz@grame.fr (2001-12-20)
Re: Re-reentrant parser made with Bison++ and flex++ RLWatkins@CompuServe.Com (R. L. Watkins) (2001-12-22)
Re: Re-reentrant parser made with Bison++ and flex++ clinton_olsen@yahoo.com (2001-12-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: letz@grame.fr (MidiShare)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Dec 2001 00:39:38 -0500
Posted-Date: 20 Dec 2001 00:39:38 EST

Hi,

We are using bison++ and flex++ to develop a C++ lexer/parser for a
language. In this language there is a rule that allows to "include"
files of the same language. Thus we need to do a kind of recursive
parsing.

Right now the "include" files semantic action instantiate a new
lexer/parser to parse the included file, but this does no work
correctly because of conficts with the running parser.

The bison documentation speaks of "pure reentrant" parsers that should
probably be used in this context.

But with flex++/bison++ which has some differencies with bison, we
don't know how this "pure reentrant" parsers must be instantiated and
used, and in particular kow the connection betwwen the lexer and the
parser has to be done.

Any help or advices or example of code welcome.

Regards

Stephane Letz