Re: Any documents about intermediate representation?

Daniel Adlere <dadler@gwdg.de>
15 Dec 2001 00:34:02 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Any documents about intermediate representation? caohongjia@263.net (wordless) (2001-12-07)
Re: Any documents about intermediate representation? dadler@gwdg.de (Daniel Adlere) (2001-12-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Daniel Adlere <dadler@gwdg.de>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Dec 2001 00:34:02 -0500
Posted-Date: 15 Dec 2001 00:34:02 EST

> Hi, I want to do some work of binary translation. For now I need a kind of
> intermediate representation that is simple and complete for the binary
> code. The general RTL (eg. in gcc) is too complex. Anybody can give me
> some advice about it?

I have some experience with a virtual processor technology that does
sysgen-time and run-time translation from an abstract virtual
processor code to native code translation. It's a proprietary
technology, but the vp code is well documented in the product
"AmigaSDK".

The OS surrounding this technology, is called "Elate", which includes
translators for a bunch of processors.

Here are some links that may help,

http://www.tao-group.com
http://www.amiga.com