Compiler positions available for week ending November 25

compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
25 Nov 2001 22:44:51 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending November 25 compilers@iecc.com (2001-11-25)
Compiler positions available for week ending November 25 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2007-11-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 25 Nov 2001 22:44:51 -0500
Posted-Date: 25 Nov 2001 22:44:50 EST

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: Ginger Wolnik <gwolnik@engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Backend Compiler Job at SGI
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:12:22 -0800

Job Description:
Be a part of backend compiler team adding new optimizations for next
generation MIPS microprocessor. Add OpenMP 2.0 enabling functionality
to MIPSpro compiler back-end and/or runtime library. Maintain and
enhance multiprocess runtime library and loop nest optimizer to
improve runtime performance. Maintain and enhance automatic
parallelization tools.

Job Requirements:
MSCS or equivalent required, PHD or equivalent preferred. Professional
or academic experience in compiler back-end technology required. Focus
areas of loop nest optimization, data dependency analysis or
multiprocessor library development preferred.

About SGI:
SGI's compiler group is headquartered in Mtn. View, California, but
you could work out of our satellite offices in Hudson, Massachusetts
or Eagan, Minnesota.

I'm a QA developer in the compiler group, not a professional
recruiter. I started at SGI last year and this is a much better
company to work for than any of my previous employers in my 20 years
as an engineer. Here are some reasons to consider applying at SGI:

Balance of Life and Work
SGI is not a startup, if you want to have a life, this is the company
to work for. Flexible hours and telecommute options allow you to
maximize both your productivity and your free time. Hobbies and
outside interests are encouraged. Families are supported. The work
atmosphere is very casual and relaxed.

Respect
SGI has a corporate culture of real respect for people and their
privacy, eg. no drug testing or petty hourly job charge tracking.
Company rules and policies are minimal, employees are treated as
professionals and adults. Diversity is celebrated through company
organizations for many categories of minorities and special interests.
There is open communication with management at all levels.

Salary and Benefits
Very competitive and includes a 6 week paid sabbatical every 4 years
in addition to the normal vacation! Relocation and starting bonuses
are available. There is good human support for HR issues, no
interminable voice mail trees or email black holes! Responsive
technical support also makes it easier to get your job done.

Outstanding Facilities
Engineers can choose between private offices or more open areas.
On-site fitness center and sports facilities make this campus feel
like a health club. The gourmet cafeteria has been featured on local
news segments and typifies how SGI wants to pamper their employees.
Some buildings have underground parking, a real plus during our rare
heat waves and winter rainy season, added security at all times.

Great Company with State of the Art Products
Company Fact Sheet:
http://www.sgi.com/newsroom/factsheet.html

Buy Low, Sell High
SGI stock is currently low but going up. It had the largest increase
of any NYSE stock in October!

If you are interested in applying, you can submit your resume through
the company website at http://www.sgi.com/ However, if you want to
make sure your resume gets directly to the hiring manager, send it to
me as text in an email message (no binary email attachments, please)
or reply privately if you want my FAX number.

Thank you,
Ginger Wolnik
Software QA Engineer
gwolnik@sgi.com

-------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 15:51:52 +0200 (WET)
From: George Angelos Papadopoulos <george@cs.ucy.ac.cy>
Subject: *** CS Dept., Univ. of Cyprus: Academic Vacancies ***

DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE

UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS

VISITING PROFESSORSHIPS

The Department of Computer Science at the University of Cyprus has a
number of vacancies for visiting professors at the ranks of Assistant,
Associate, and Full Professor. ALL fields of study will be considered,
but preference will be given to applicants associated with one or more
of the following ones:

* Computer Architecture * Parallel and Distributed Processing
* Programming Languages * Multimedia Information Systems
* Data Communication Networks * Artificial Intelligence
* Software Engineering * Database Systems

A new M.Sc. course on "Advanced Information Technologies" is now
offered by the Department and the successful applicants will therefore
have the opportunity to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate
levels.

A visiting appointment is usually for one semester (Spring semester:
Jan-June; Winter semester: Sept-Dec), but it can be renewed for up to
four semesters.

Applicants should hold a Ph.D. in a relevant subject, have post
Ph.D. experience, and BE FLUENT IN GREEK (both these requirements are
mandatory).

The annual salaries for these positions (including the 13th salary)
are:

Professor (Scale A15-A16) CYP 27,875 - 36,235
Associate Professor (Scale A14-A15) CYP 24,587 - 33,518
Assistant Professor (Scale A13-A14) CYP 22,938 - 30,940
Lecturer (Scale A12-A13) CYP 17,706 - 28,372

(At present CYP 1 = 1.1 sterling and CYP 1 = 1.6 U.S. dollars).

Presently, the Department is seeking applications for the winter and
spring semesters of the academic year 2002-2003. The processing of
applications will start on the 15th March 2002 and will continue until
all the available positions have been filled. Anyone wishing to apply
should send a full CV to the following address:

The Chairperson
Department of Computer Science
University of Cyprus
75 Kallipoleos Street
P.O. Box 20537, CY-1678
Nicosia, CYPRUS

For more details and other information, interested individuals may
contact the Chairperson of the Department of Computer Science:

Associate Professor Antonis Kakas
Tel: +357-2-892230/1, Fax: +357-2-339062, E-mail: antonis@ucy.ac.cy

-------------------------------

From: andi@complang.tuwien.ac.at (Andreas Krall)
Subject: PhD Positions in Vienna, Austria
Date: 23 Nov 2001 18:42:25 GMT

Three PhD positions are open at the Christian Doppler Laboratory

"Compilation Techniques for Embedded Processors" at TU Wien,

Institut für Computersprachen (www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/cd/).

We are seeking people with a Dip.-Ing. (Master) degree with some
experience in either debugging of optimized code, program analysis
techniques, decompilation or at least compiler optimization techniques
and the intention doing a PhD (Dr.techn.) in our group.

Furthermore, I am seeking people with some experience in either
compilers, assemblers, linkers, emulators or other tools for DSP and
embedded processors.

Additionally I can offer a paid Diploma thesis developing an optimizing
intermediate code linker.

Please email inquiries to andi@complang.tuwien.ac.at.

With kind regards

        Andreas Krall

andi@complang.tuwien.ac.at Andreas Krall
http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/andi/ Inst. f. Computersprachen, TU Wien
tel: (+431) 58801/18511 Argentinierstr. 8/4/1851
fax: (+431) 58801/18598 A-1040 Wien AUSTRIA EUROPE