Re: Eli Problem

Tony Sloane <asloane@ics.mq.edu.au>
8 Nov 2001 23:20:54 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Eli Problem k.sperling@gmx.net (Karsten Sperling) (2001-11-08)
Re: Eli Problem asloane@ics.mq.edu.au (Tony Sloane) (2001-11-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Tony Sloane <asloane@ics.mq.edu.au>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Nov 2001 23:20:54 -0500

Karsten Sperling <k.sperling@gmx.net> wrote:

[He reported a problem using Eli 4.3.0 with some mini Java specs,
specifically using the ShowBinding module to print out the results of
name analysis.]

> -> minijava.specs :exe
> ** Summary of error messages for /home/ka/minijava.specs :eli*exe
> --- </home/ka/minijava.specs :eli*used_objects> does not exist ---
> --- </home/ka/minijava.specs :eli*used_sources> does not exist ---

Hello Karsten,

Usually this sort of error means that the linking process didn't work
properly. The error message you are seeing is just from the Odin
build system that underlies Eli. It's reporting that the objects
"used_objects" and "used_sources" were not built properly.

To get more information you can usually derive to ":error" or
":warning". You might try "minijava.specs :exe :error>" to see any
available error messages from this derivation.

I'd be happy to try your specs here to help you diagnose the
problem. I suggest we take this offline since it's probably not of
much interest to comp.compilers readers.

Cheers,
Tony Sloane

Dept of Computing
Macquarie University