Re: looking for C pre-processor

john_bode@my-deja.com (John Bode)
8 Nov 2001 01:05:55 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
looking for C pre-processor dgurchenkov@excelsior-usa.com (Denis Gurchenkov) (2001-11-05)
Re: looking for C pre-processor john_bode@my-deja.com (2001-11-08)
Re: looking for C pre-processor adamo@dblab.ece.ntua.gr (2001-11-08)
Re: looking for C pre-processor spinoza1111@yahoo.com (2001-11-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: john_bode@my-deja.com (John Bode)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.c
Date: 8 Nov 2001 01:05:55 -0500
Posted-Date: 08 Nov 2001 01:05:53 EST

"Denis Gurchenkov" <dgurchenkov@excelsior-usa.com> wrote
> Could somebody point me to a C pre-processor that is provided with
> source code? It NEED NOT BE FREE - our customer agrees to pay for it.
> The most important properties are product quality and
> ease-of-modification.

For my purposes, it might help if you could give a little more detail
on what you intend to do with this preprocessor. Are you trying to
embed a different language in the C source code (sort of like the old
Ingres embedded SQL preprocessor)?

If that's the case, any existing preprocessor examples may not give
you what you need.

You may want to investigate using lex and yacc to build
special-purpose scanners and parsers. It may be easier to create from
scratch than to try and retrofit an existing product.