Re: Higher-level intermediate representation

"Ira D. Baxter" <idbaxter@semdesigns.com>
18 Jul 2001 19:57:01 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Higher-level intermediate representation stlim@onizka.dynalith.com (2001-07-17)
Re: Higher-level intermediate representation idbaxter@semdesigns.com (Ira D. Baxter) (2001-07-18)
Re: Higher-level intermediate representation dosreis@cmla.ens-cachan.fr (Gabriel Dos Reis) (2001-07-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Ira D. Baxter" <idbaxter@semdesigns.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Jul 2001 19:57:01 -0400
Posted-Date: 18 Jul 2001 19:57:01 EDT

The DMS Software Reengineeering Toolkit is designed to exactly this.

It parses C (and many other languages), automatically builds ASTs,
recording source file position, lexical shape information, comments,
and preprocessor directives. It can carry out source-to-source
transformations specified in the target language syntax (in this case, C),
as well as procedural source-to-source transforms. Finally,
it can prettyprint the resulting trees, reproducing the comments,
preprocessor directives, and lexical information that is unchanged
exactly. DMS also handles scale: it can process tens of thousands
of files in a single session, allowing you to perform transformations
that cross file boundaries.
See http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/DMS/DMSToolkit.html.

--
Ira D. Baxter, Ph.D. CTO Semantic Designs, Inc.
http://www.semdesigns.com