Text Query Language

"Albretch" <lbrtchx@hotmail.com>
30 May 2001 00:18:15 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Text Query Language lbrtchx@hotmail.com (Albretch) (2001-05-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Albretch" <lbrtchx@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 May 2001 00:18:15 -0400
Posted-Date: 30 May 2001 00:18:15 EDT

Hi,

I need a program that would give me all kind of gramatical information
about a text in real time.

Sort of an SQL for Texts seen not merely as a sequence of characters
as grep, yacc and other parsing utilities do.

  I would like to query a bunch of texts in real time like:

  1._ Give all verbs in past tense.
  2._ Give a correlation of the depth in the text and the verbs in the
  three tenses detailed by the sentence.
  3._ Select all Shakespeare's texts and give the correlation of the
  verb to be and all words relating to love.
  4._ Also show me all fricative phonetic formats after 3 or more consonants
  5._ ...

Is there something like that out there, what are the prices?

Thanks
[There's been a lot of work by linguists on text analysis, most of
which has been done with little reference to the compiler community
because the issues are different from those of parsing artificial
computer languages. -John]