Threaded bison parsers?

"Sigrist, Pierre" <psigrist@opteway.com>
18 May 2001 23:50:12 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Threaded bison parsers? psigrist@opteway.com (Sigrist, Pierre) (2001-05-18)
Re: Threaded bison parsers? loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de (Martin von Loewis) (2001-05-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Sigrist, Pierre" <psigrist@opteway.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 May 2001 23:50:12 -0400
Posted-Date: 18 May 2001 23:50:12 EDT

Hello,

I'm currently developping a parser using Flex and Bison, and I have some
problems in a multi-threading environment.
I would like to generate a re-entrant parse (using the %pure_parser
directive) and specify as an argument of yyparse(), the string to be parsed
by Bison and Flex in order to build a thread-safe library.
The documentation related to that tools is quiet poor and suffer of a lack
of code samples, especially how to use the YY_DECL, YYPARSE_PARAM and
YYLEX_PARAM macro.

Could please provide some clues/documentation/web sites/code samples which
explain how to achieve to such a re-reentrant component.

Many thanks in advance.

Pierre