Re: SDL to C code convertor performance.

"Vishal Kulshrestha" <vishal@sasken.com>
4 Apr 2001 00:21:51 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
SDL to C code convertor performance. vishal@sasken.com (Vishal Kulshrestha) (2001-03-22)
Re: SDL to C code convertor performance. eodell@c1220335-a.potlnd1.or.home.com (2001-03-26)
Re: SDL to C code convertor performance. vishal@sasken.com (Vishal Kulshrestha) (2001-04-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Vishal Kulshrestha" <vishal@sasken.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 4 Apr 2001 00:21:51 -0400
Posted-Date: 04 Apr 2001 00:21:51 EDT

Eric O'Dell wrote
> On 22 Mar 2001 01:19:06 -0500, Vishal Kulshrestha <vishal@sasken.com>
wrote:

> >I'm looking for performance figures of existing SDL to C code convertors
> >(like telelogic tau). Can someone suggest how optimal such convertors are
in
> >terms of code size, mips and memory?
>
> I'm not sure that's a meaningful question unless you ask how optimal the
> converter is in conjunction with a specific C compiler.

It does, because SDL is a fairly high level language and the compiler i'm
refering to
is basically a source to source transformation tool: SDL to C language
convertor. I was
just wondering if someone has data on what is the footprint of such
conversions and how
optimal SDL to C transformation in general is compared to hand written code
in C.

Regards,
Vishal K.