Re: Java Code automated manipulation

Paul Cody Johnston <pcj@Stanford.EDU>
22 Mar 2001 01:21:15 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Java Code automated manipulation shah@hnc.com (Shalin Shah) (2001-03-01)
Re: Java Code automated manipulation idbaxter@semdesigns.com (Ira D. Baxter) (2001-03-01)
Re: Java Code automated manipulation pcj@Stanford.EDU (Paul Cody Johnston) (2001-03-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Paul Cody Johnston <pcj@Stanford.EDU>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.java.programmer
Date: 22 Mar 2001 01:21:15 -0500
Posted-Date: 22 Mar 2001 01:21:15 EST

In comp.compilers Shalin Shah <shah@hnc.com> wrote:
> I have to do a lot of code generation from a business rules language.
> (something similar to XML) I also have to manipulate this generated
> code to delete some part, add some part etc. as a consequence of a
> different requirement. Each "part" would essentially be an implemented
> Java method. Is there a commercial tool, open source code etc. to do
> this kind of a thing on Java code?

I have written a GPL tool called `jenesis' which is a Java source code
generator. The end-user uses the tool by creating an object
representation of the syntax itself which is then transformed to java
directy. It does not yet parse Java sourcecode (working on that
currently), but would be appropriate if you are transforming your
business rules into java directly.

http://www.inxar.org/jenesis

Paul Johnston