Compiler positions available for week ending January 7

compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
9 Jan 2001 23:08:40 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending January 7 compilers@iecc.com (2001-01-09)
Compiler positions available for week ending January 7 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2007-01-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 9 Jan 2001 23:08:40 -0500
Posted-Date: 09 Jan 2001 23:08:40 EST

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: "Eugene Kuznetsov" <eugene@datapower.com>
Subject: Compiler jobs at DataPower, Boston area
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 17:16:40 -0500

DP2015

DataPower Technology, Inc.

Senior Software Engineer (Compiler), Full-Time, Permanent

Location: Boston-area, MA

DataPower is an early stage startup building next-generation smart
network infrastructure products. Senior Software Engineer - Compiler
will be joining our dynamic data interchange engine engineering group.
DataPower is still somewhat secretive, but among other things we are
building a JIT Compiler. We are looking for software engineers who want
and can work "close to the metal", and have interests in compilers,
networking and operating systems. Our technology involves all three
of these areas, although this position is much more focused on
optimization, transformation and code generation for an exciting new
product. This is a startup that is doing the kind of sophisticated
system-level work usually done in research departments of big
companies.

Requirements:
* BSEE/BSCS or outstanding professional experience
* Five or more years of commercial development experience
* Excellent C/C++ skills
* Experience with code generation
* Optimizing compiler experience
* Familiarity with embedded systems development
* Assembler (x86, PPC, etc.) experience
* Good understanding of OOP design principles...
    and when they should be violated
* Experience with runtimes or OS kernels

Strongly desired:
* MSEE/MSCS or equivalent experience
* JIT Just-In-Time / Dynamic Code Generation experience
* Networking experience
* Java or other bytecode interpreter experience
* Distributed object systems (DCE, COM, CORBA) experience
* Knowledge of XML/XSLT
* Familiarity with embedded systems development

Comments:
* Depending on qualifications, this could be a Principal Software
    Engineer position

Please send all resumes or inquiries to hr@datapower.com

\\ Eugene Kuznetsov
\\ eugene@datapower.com