Re: C Grammar Quirk

fsergeev@my-deja.com
31 Dec 2000 03:00:14 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C Grammar Quirk rcbilson@plg2.math.uwaterloo.ca (Richard C Bilson) (2000-12-20)
Re: C Grammar Quirk fsergeev@my-deja.com (2000-12-31)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: fsergeev@my-deja.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 31 Dec 2000 03:00:14 -0500
Posted-Date: 31 Dec 2000 03:00:14 EST

Recently stumbled on the same problem in my compiler. Due to this rule
it significantly suffers in error recovering. However I realized that
its quite costly to change it to not accept non-function declarators.

First, you need rule for function-declarator. Yep, its not that
hard. But then (to avoid conflicts) you need to split
direct-declarator in two pieces - function-declarator |
non-function-declarator.

Thus ~5 lines rule becomes ~20-30 lines monster (and now it is not
that clear to understand).

Anyone with better ideas?

Fedor.