JCUP Termination

Nitin Kumar Goel <nkg25@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
18 Dec 2000 00:41:02 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
JCUP Termination nkg25@hermes.cam.ac.uk (Nitin Kumar Goel) (2000-12-18)
Re: JCUP Termination maratb@CS.Berkeley.EDU (Marat Boshernitsan) (2000-12-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Nitin Kumar Goel <nkg25@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Dec 2000 00:41:02 -0500
Posted-Date: 18 Dec 2000 00:41:02 EST

I am a student of Computer Science at the Univeristy of Cambridge, writing
a compiler for my final year project. I am having difficulty getting JCUP
(with a JLex Lexer) to terminate when reaching an EOF. Instead it throws a
Java.lang.NullPointerException exception.

Does anybody know why this might be, or knows precisely when JCUP's
parse() method returns? The documentation seems to suggest it returns when
the goal has been matched successfully, regardless of an EOF, but again
this does not appear to be the case.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Nitin Kumar Goel.

TEL: +44 (0)1223 477041
EMAIL: nkg25@cl.cam.ac.uk
ADDR: Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge, CB3 0DG (UK)