Tomita (GLR) Parser Devlopment Question

kapland@starfleet.com (David Kaplan)
18 Dec 2000 00:33:51 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Tomita (GLR) Parser Devlopment Question kapland@starfleet.com (2000-12-18)
Re: Tomita (GLR) Parser Devlopment Question idbaxter@semdesigns.com (Ira D. Baxter) (2000-12-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: kapland@starfleet.com (David Kaplan)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Dec 2000 00:33:51 -0500
Posted-Date: 18 Dec 2000 00:33:51 EST

hi,

I have gotten pretty Far in developing my GLR parser System. I Just
Have one question relating to optimizing. Right Now, When I Reduce, I
have to traverse backwards along the parse-tree vertices to get to the
next state to "goto" from. Is There A Standard Way Of doing this
That'S Faster? It Seems to me like the only faster way is to have
separate stacks for each active path, but that ruins the whole point
of the packed parse-forest. Plus The code in the back of the tomita
Book Is In A Language I Can't understand. I'll keep trying to
decipher it while i wait for a response to this post.

By the way, if there is a group specifically geared towards parsers
and/or development, I would be very grateful for that information.

thanks in advance
peace,
dave
[Parsing is about the most popular topic in comp.compilers. See the
archives. Tomita parsers come up now and then. -John]