Re: ANSI C to p-code compiler

"Chris Fraser" <cwfraser@microsoft.com>
22 Nov 2000 12:11:12 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Need: ANSI C to p-code compiler vchand@cs.man.ac.uk (Vijay Chand) (2000-10-26)
Re: ANSI C to p-code compiler cwfraser@microsoft.com (Chris Fraser) (2000-11-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Chris Fraser" <cwfraser@microsoft.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Nov 2000 12:11:12 -0500
Posted-Date: 22 Nov 2000 12:11:11 EST

You might consider the "bytecode" back end that's now part of the lcc
distri bution (http://www.cs.princeton.edu/software/lcc/). It's a
straight-forward postfix encoding of the lcc IR, which is documented
in the lcc book (Chapter 5) and at the
http://www.cs.princeton.edu/software/lcc/pkg/doc/4.html.

The encoding is not particularly compact, but it serves as a good
source of fodder for compressors. Indeed, bytecode.c is the basis for
the emitters that I've used for several recent compression projects.

Chris Fraser

pilers...