Re: How hard is it to write a compiler ?

Lionel Pinkhard <lionelp@worldonline.co.za>
23 Oct 2000 22:12:44 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
How hard is it to write a compiler ? pradeeptumati@excite.com (Pradeep Tumati) (2000-10-22)
Re: How hard is it to write a compiler ? rbenedik@fsmat.htu.tuwien.ac.at (Ronald Benedik) (2000-10-23)
Re: How hard is it to write a compiler ? chase@naturalbridge.com (David Chase) (2000-10-23)
Re: How hard is it to write a compiler ? lionelp@worldonline.co.za (Lionel Pinkhard) (2000-10-23)
Re: How hard is it to write a compiler ? vbdis@aol.com (2000-10-23)
Re: How hard is it to write a compiler ? dlindauer@notifier-is.net (david lindauer) (2000-10-26)
Re: How hard is it to write a compiler ? jason@pattosoft.com.au (Jason Patterson) (2000-10-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Lionel Pinkhard <lionelp@worldonline.co.za>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 Oct 2000 22:12:44 -0400

Hi,

Well, I'm working on my own, and my compiler is going swell! I'm
working on a new language, designed to be as simple as possible (a
little bit like Basic, just modified a lot), and I'm doing it on my
own. However, C/C++ and Java are pretty tough, since it's hard to put
them into BNF, and all that, but it's just a lot of work, and I still
think that one or two programmers should be enough. The only tool
you'll really need is a programming language :-), I'm using Turbo
Pascal, and it's doing great!

Just my opinion, I don't think it's THAT hard!

Ciao,

Lionel