AT&T lex port

jbrink@chat.carleton.ca (Jason Brink)
19 Oct 2000 14:38:04 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
AT&T lex port jbrink@chat.carleton.ca (2000-10-19)
Re: AT&T lex port toor@y1.jdyson.net (2000-10-22)
Re: AT&T lex port broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de (Hans-Bernhard Broeker) (2000-10-22)
Re: AT&T lex port paule@martex.gen.oh.us (Paul Evans) (2000-10-23)
Re: AT&T lex port paule@martex.gen.oh.us (Paul Evans) (2000-10-26)
Re: AT&T lex port g.douglas@readytext.co.uk (Graham Douglas) (2001-01-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: jbrink@chat.carleton.ca (Jason Brink)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 Oct 2000 14:38:04 -0400

Does anyone know of a port of AT&T lex to Windows NT/2000 or Linux? I
know flex is better than AT&T lex, but I'm currently doing a co-op
term and working on a large project, which runs on Solaris, HP-UX,
AIX, etc. All those systems have AT&T lex, and so that is what the
lexers in the project were written for. Now we would like to port it
over to Windows 2000 and Linux. I've tried using flex on some of our
lexers, and then compiling the generated code, and there are lots of
problems. Any help would be appreciated!

Jason Brink
jbrink@chat.carleton.ca
[I don't think that AT&T lex has ever been freed from the onerous
System V source license. Having seen the source code, I can say that
it's some of the ugliest C code I've ever seen. -John]