Re: Making a C compiler with Flex and Bison

Hans-Bernhard Broeker <broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
8 Oct 2000 22:26:09 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Making a C compiler with Flex and Bison LegendLength@hotmail.com (2000-10-01)
Re: Making a C compiler with Flex and Bison broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de (Hans-Bernhard Broeker) (2000-10-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Hans-Bernhard Broeker <broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Oct 2000 22:26:09 -0400

LegendLength@hotmail.com wrote:

> In the end I just want my program to be able to read a c source file and
> generate a tree of all function names, types, expression names & parameters
> etc.

A tree organized by what? Call/usage hierarchy? I ask because, unless
you're doing this for strictly self-educational purposes, you may be
better off having a look at existing tools doing that kind of job.
The free versions of 'cxref' or 'cscope' (recently open-sourced by
SCO), e.g., do that kind of job.