Compiler positions available for week ending September 17

compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
17 Sep 2000 23:03:23 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending September 17 compilers@iecc.com (2000-09-17)
Compiler positions available for week ending September 17 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2006-09-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 17 Sep 2000 23:03:23 -0400

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: Thomas Fahringer <tf@par.univie.ac.at>
Subject: funded PHD position in program development for distr./parallel systems
Date: 12 Sep 2000 16:23:43 +0200

The Institute for Software Science at the University of Vienna
is offering within a long-term research project an

        ** Open Research Position for PHD Students about **
        ** UML-centric and Performance-Oriented Software Development **
        ** Environment for Distributed and Parallel Systems **

Applicants should have knowledge in one or more of the following areas:

                + Software Engineering
+ UML
+ distributed and parallel systems
+ programming skills
+ distributed programming (Java)
+ parallel programming (OpenMP, MPI, Threads, HPF ...)

Position: fully paid research position for a doctoral student.

Starting Date: immediately

Duration: until April 2003.

Project Summary:

      The position is offered as part of a long-term research project
      about performance-oriented application development for distributed
      and parallel systems. A graphical program composition environment
      for UML will be developed based on a set of predefined code-patterns
      for parallel and distributed programming paradigms. UML software
      components are associated with performance information derived
      from performance prediction, performance measurements and user
      input. The programming environment generates framework code for various
      programming languages including OpenMP, MPI, HPF, Threads, and
      Java/RMI. Several state-of-the-art performance tools and compilers
      support the user in further optimizing the performance-oriented programs.

Additional information:

      The working language at the Institute for Software Science is English.
      Course work as part of the PHD program can be done in English.

For more information, please contact
       Thomas Fahringer (tf@par.univie.ac.at)

Thomas Fahringer, Ph.D. Tel: (office): +43 1 4277-38816
Associate Professor Tel: (sec): +43 1 4277-38801
University of Vienna Fax: +43 1 4277-9388
Institute for Software Science E-mail: tf@par.univie.ac.at
Liechtensteinstr. 22 WWW: http://www.par.univie.ac.at/
A-1090 Vienna, Austria

-------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 22:51:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: Sassan Hazeghi <sassan@cup.hp.com>
Subject: Position on HP's C++ compiler development team in Cupertino

Our team is responsible for the development of the C++ compilers for
HP's current (PA) and upcoming (IA64) platforms and we are currently
looking for a _strong_ candidate to join our team and help us define
and set performance and compliance norms for a production quality C++
compiler. Detailed understanding of the C++ language would be very
valuable but strong analytical and S/W design and problem solving
skills are essential in making a difference in our field.

The areas that we are focusing on include "correct and efficient"
implementation of the full breadth of the C++ language, C++-specific
optimizations, design and tuning of the C++ ABI/runtime, and
performance characterization, analysis and tuning of large, real
world, C++ applications.

This is an opportunity to work with a capable team in what we consider
to be a fun environment and help develop and enhance a technology and
product that matters; C++ is the dominant development language for
large ("industrial grade") applications and we hope to deliver the
tools that will make a positive contribution to the daily working of
the programming community at large.

If you are interested in this, we would like to hear from you soon !
Please send a copy of your resume to <sassan@cup.hp.com>

Thanks,
Sassan Hazeghi

Email: sassan@cup.hp.com