IEE 695 -> OMF386

Dirk Zabel <entwicklung@riccius-seibt.de>
8 Sep 2000 02:07:02 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
IEE 695 -> OMF386 entwicklung@riccius-seibt.de (Dirk Zabel) (2000-09-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Dirk Zabel <entwicklung@riccius-seibt.de>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Sep 2000 02:07:02 -0400

Hi,
I am interested in an converter from IEEE 695 to OMF386 format. I did
lookup the comp.compilers archive, but found only 3 similar queries
without an answer. The obvious solution would be objcopy from gnu
binutils, but the bfd library doesnt seem to support omf386. Maybe I
could write it myself (the omf386 docs are on
ftp://ftp.intel.com/pub/tis/), but of course I would prefer not to
reinvent the wheel. In fact, as OMF386 is quite common, I am surprised
that bfd does not support this format already. Or are there any
technical or legal problems?

Thanks

Dirk
[OMF is a pain in the neck to deal with because it's a lot of little
chunks of info, not collected into logical sections like most of the
other formats that BFD handles. -John]