NFAs to DFAs

"John Palatzo" <cpgoose@hotmail.com>
8 Sep 2000 02:05:03 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
NFAs to DFAs cpgoose@hotmail.com (John Palatzo) (2000-09-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "John Palatzo" <cpgoose@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Sep 2000 02:05:03 -0400

Hi,
I wanted to know if anyone can help with a simple question. I have a
transition table that I had to transform into an NFA diagram (with
nodes, and paths...). I got that part ok. Now I have to transform
the NFA into a DFA. My question is what will the DFA look like? Will
it be another diagram, or a table, or can it be either one? Can you
suggest somewhere to go to see an actual DFA example?

Thank you so much.
I really like this site, it's so hard to find info on such a tough topic
like compilers.

cpgoose@hotmail.com
[You can draw a DFA as a diagram or you can write out the state table.
The Dragon Book covers all this stuff. -John]