Re: XPL Language

Dave Bodenstab <imdave@mcs.net>
1 Jul 2000 11:12:05 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
XPL Language flass@Leginfo.LBDC.State.NY.US (Peter Flass) (2000-06-30)
Re: XPL Language imdave@mcs.net (Dave Bodenstab) (2000-07-01)
Re: XPL Language sander@haldjas.folklore.ee (Sander Vesik) (2000-07-18)
Re: XPL Language joachim.durchholz@halstenbach.com (Joachim Durchholz) (2000-07-23)
Re: XPL Language pld@fc.hp.com (2000-07-27)
Re: XPL Language andyj@mc.com (Andy Johnson) (2000-08-04)
Re: XPL Language ab528@freenet.carleton.ca (2000-08-04)
Re: XPL Language sjmeyer@www.tdl.com (2000-08-10)

From: Dave Bodenstab <imdave@mcs.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 1 Jul 2000 11:12:05 -0400

Peter Flass wrote:
> A web site has been established for material related to the XPL
> programming language at:
> http://www.geocities.com/xpl_lang
>

> In particular, a FreeBSD port to Intel architecture was apparently done,
> but the sources seem to be no longer available.

I did the FreeBSD port... but haven't kept up with the FreeBSD
ports... ;-(

I have put my latest distribution file at:

        ftp://ftp.mcs.net/mcsnet.users/imdave/xpl486-4.2.tar.gz

It would be nice if the language reference chapter could be included
since the book is so old. It would make it a lot easier for someone
to experiment with XPL. I wonder if it would be possible to get
permission to do that. Back in 1996 I did get some email from Bill
McKeeman (mckeeman@zko.dec.com). perhaps as the author of the book he
could make the language reference available online.

Dave Bodenstab

PS. I probably have the entire original distribution from SHARE on a
9-track tape in my basemant, but I've got no means to access it (even
if the tapes are still readable.)