Re: kimwitu lex and yacc...

Harald Boehme <boehme@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
4 May 2000 17:17:24 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
kimwitu lex and yacc... abate@gutturnio.students.cs.unibo.it (2000-05-01)
Re: kimwitu lex and yacc... boehme@informatik.hu-berlin.de (Harald Boehme) (2000-05-04)
Re: kimwitu lex and yacc... belinfan@cs.utwente.nl (2000-05-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Harald Boehme <boehme@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 4 May 2000 17:17:24 -0400

Hi

Pietro Abate wrote:

> I want to use kimwitu to make a simple parser for a pascal-like
> language, but I'm not able to find any example to do this... I've
> seen the calculator example in the kimwitu distribution but I've not
> realy understood which are the realtions between kimwitu, lex and
> yacc. Does anybody could help me with an realy little example that

So you have to write down the syntax of the lang. in terms of an lex-
and yacc-file. The rules in the yacc-file should than extended to
construct the phyla (subtree) and pass it up to the upper rule via the
yacc value stack ($$-notation). For this purpose kimwitu and kimwitu++
provide an YYSTYPE definition to use in yacc.

But any way you should have a look in an compiler book.

Regrads,
Harald

--
              <<<< Harald Böhme, Berlin 12489 >>>>