New tool to write JIT compilers

bonzini@gnu.org
5 Feb 2000 19:01:01 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
New tool to write JIT compilers bonzini@gnu.org (2000-02-05)
Re: New tool to write JIT compilers [ANNOUNCE] bonzini@my-deja.com (2000-02-10)
Re: grammar ambiguity world!cfc@uunet.uu.net (Chris F Clark) (2000-02-12)
Re: grammar ambiguity compres@world.std.com (Chris F Clark) (2000-02-12)
Re: grammar ambiguity joachim.durchholz@halstenbach.com.or.de (Joachim Durchholz) (2000-02-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: bonzini@gnu.org
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 5 Feb 2000 19:01:01 -0500

I wrote an easily retargetable (one-two days) tool to write JIT
compilers which is also very fast, ranging at about 10 cycles per
generated instruction. It is very similar to VCODE but faster; I'm
going to use it for GNU Smalltalk's just-in-time compiler.

I'm going to upload it on alpha.gnu.org soon (say on Monday) together
with documentation on how to use it and port it. I'm posting so that:
a) you know it exists and you can use it b) since I only have a PC
here at home, I'd be grateful if somebody downloaded it and tested the
SPARC and PowerPC back-ends.

Thanks in advance
Paolo Bonzini