Re: Algol 60 Syntax

"Andreas von Gorup" <gorup@altavista.net>
15 Jan 2000 14:16:28 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Algol 60 Syntax dsutton@acumen1.com (2000-01-12)
Re: Algol 60 Syntax gorup@altavista.net (Andreas von Gorup) (2000-01-15)
Re: Algol 60 Syntax wb@yorikke.arb-phys.uni-dortmund.de (2000-01-15)
Re: Algol 60 Syntax harm.munk@philips.com (Munk, ir. H.) (2000-01-15)
Re: Algol 60 Syntax dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu (2000-01-15)
Re: Algol 60 Syntax wclodius@aol.com (2000-01-15)
Re: Algol 60 Syntax steve.ross@rmc-ltd.com (Steve Ross) (2000-01-15)
Re: Algol 60 Syntax Martin.Ward@smltd.com (2000-01-15)

From: "Andreas von Gorup" <gorup@altavista.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Jan 2000 14:16:28 -0500

Dan Sutton wrote
>So: Does anyone out there have a copy of the bloody syntax definitions
>for this language? If so, I'd be extremely appreciative if they could
>email them to me (I don't care about the format: even scanned in
>pictures of the paper documents would do) so that I can enter them
>into this parser and see what the hell it generates.

The ``Revised Report on the Algorithmic Language Algol 60'' is contained
in

        ftp://ftp.ptc.spbu.ru/pub/unix/lang/a60/a60-nase-0.17.3.tgz (236 KB)

as a texinfo source. From this:

%% This note is taken from the end of the report:
%%
%% Note. This report is published in Numerische Mathematik, in
%% the Communications of the ACM, and in the Journal of the
%% British Computer Soc. Reproduction of this report for any
%% purpose is explicitly permitted; reference should be made
%% to this issue of Numerische Mathematik and to the respective
%% issues of the Communications and the Journal of the British
%% Computer Soc. as the source.

Perhaps someone expirienced in TeX can convert this to HTML.
I'm sure, the moderator would be happy to place a copy at his site ?

Andreas.
[I like the Postscript version. -John]